Carraig Mhor Bed and Breakfast is in the centre of Lamlash, just yards from the pier and within easy walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants. The island bus stops just a few yards away giving access to the villages and attractions around our coast, making Lamlash an ideal centre from which to tour and explore. The Holy Isle ferry leaves from the pier taking visitors to the beautiful and sacred Holy Isle owned and cared for by the Samye Ling Buddhist Community.
Your hosts, Helen and Andrew, have, between them, many years of experience in hospitality, catering and entertaining. Prior to moving to Arran they owned and ran Burn View Bed and Breakfast, a four star B and B which was awarded both a Breakfast Award and a Silver Award by the tourist board. We love food – both cooking it and eating it! We aim to maintain and build on this experience to offer 'something special' to our Bed and Breakfast guests on Arran.
Whatever your reason to stay – a special celebration break, a 'pit stop' with secure cycle storage and drying facilities, a golfing trip, a big 'comfy' bed to sink into after a demanding walk or just to get away from it all, we pride ourselves on our ability to meet and often surpass the needs of every guest. Whoever you are you will be warmly welcomed at 'Carraig Mhor' Bed and Breakfast. We can help you plan your holiday and advise where to go to best see our beautiful marine and wildlife, give you advice on the many and varied walks and sporting activities, introduce you to the history of Arran, or just let you know what’s on in our full calendar of island events. We can provide information on things to keep the children entertained come rain or shine and help those who prefer a gentler holiday enjoy the delights of Arran free from anxiety about access.
We quite simply love entertaining and aim to give you the best possible holiday experience we can here on the beautiful Isle of Arran.
Prices from £40.00 per person per night.
Carraig Mhor Bed and Breakfast - Amenities
- Free parking (some on-site) nearby
- Flat screen digital TV with Freeview in bedrooms and lounge
- Free Wi-Fi in bedrooms and lounge
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Hospitality tray with fruit tea and home-made biscuits
- Shower gel/shampoo/ hand cream
- Electric shaver points in bathrooms/shower rooms
- Shower caps
- Central heating with thermostatic control
- Complimentary bottled water in room
- Washing/drying/ironing facilities available on request
- Room heater/fan available on request
- Secure under cover, cycle storage
- Airing room for walking boots, cagoules etc.
- Umbrellas to borrow
- Hi-vis vests to borrow
- Walking guides and History books on Arran to borrow
- Fiction library (take a book home if you don't get it finished!)
Carraig Mhor Bed and Breakfast, Lamlash, Isle Of Arran. KA27 8LS
Tel 01770 600081.