We welcome everyone at Carraig Mhor. If you have any specific questions or special requirements please e-mail or telephone us.
House layout Carraig Mhor is on two levels, ground and first floor. There is a turning staircase of 16 steps to the first floor. There is a handrail on the right. The Waverley and Glen rooms are both upstairs. Each is in its own private corridor and is served by a bathroom or shower room. A curtain at the end of each corridor provides total privacy enabling residents to enjoy the use of their bedroom/s and bath/shower rooms with all the advantages of en suite facilities.
There is a small step into the front door. The ground floor is level throughout.
There is parking available immediately outside the house for one vehicle and free public parking across the road.
We welcome assistance dogs and are happy to exercise and feed them on request.
All rooms have opening windows.
Menu, guest welcome information and safety information are available in large print on request.
Cordless kettles are provided.
Guests are provided with a front door key on check in.
Bedrooms are supplied with a well-stocked beverage tray. If you wish for any items to be removed please let us know.
‘Waverley’ bedroom has a main ceiling light, controlled from a switch near the door. There are also recessed ceiling lights above the bed, controlled from a switch, at waist height, beside the bed and also bedside lights at either side of the bed (when let as a double room) and at each bedside (when let as a twin room).A torch is provided in the bedside cabinet drawer.
Duvets have synthetic filling.
Pillows are both duck and goose down and luxury synthetic filling enabling guests to choose their preferred ‘top’ pillow
The adjacent shower room (on the Waverley room’s own private corridor) has a pull-string light. The shower is electric. Part of this room has a sloping ceiling with a Velux window. A 240V and 110V shaving point is located to the left of the mirror, above the wash handbasin.
‘Glen’ is a flexible suite of rooms offering accommodation for two people or up to five in two bedrooms. It comprises a twin room, a double with ample room for a Zed bed and a bathroom with over-bath shower. If either the twin or double are occupied the other room with not be let. Glen is down its own private corridor which is curtained off to give the corridor complete privacy.
- Twin. This room has a main, ceiling light controlled from a switch near the door and also bedside lamps on bedside cabinets beside each bed. A torch is also provided.
- Double (available from September 2014) and optional additional single ‘guest’ Zed bed. This room has a main, central ceiling light operated by a switch near the door and a reading lamp above the centre of the double bed. A bedside lamp will also be provided if the additional single bed is required.
The private bathroom for ‘Glen’ has a bath with an over-bath shower. The shower is run off the mains water. A 240V and 110V shaving point is to the left of the over-handbasin mirror. Part of this room has a sloping roof.
Mobile signal for many networks is very intermittent in the part of Lamlash where Carraig Mhor is situated. If you need to make a call please ask us. A cordless telephone can be made available for guest use, on request.
- Free WiFi is available and we provide an access code to guests.
- Guests are provided with a front door key.
- People with nut allergies should be aware we do sometimes use nuts in the kitchen
- We are non-smoking throughout in accordance with Scottish law.